Spring is finally arriving to Edmonton
The entire team at NCS Fluid Handling Systems is ready for some Alberta spring and summer weather and to kick off many of the API tank hydro tests booked for 2017 already.
While it has been a long winter here in Edmonton the view from the downtown office gives us some hope that spring is just around the corner, with the snow leaving us off in the distance and the ice breaking up and the North Saskatchewan River flowing in the fore ground.
Spring is finally making its way back into Edmonton and some warm weather happening. The team is booking some good projects in the area and we all are looking forward to a good summer of Alberta based projects making Alberta Strong again.
The main purpose of hydrotesting storage tanks is to confirm the overall integrity of the tank & particularly the integrity of the shell.
However, this is not the sole purpose of a Hydro Test, in addition a Hydro test is intended to perform a full operational test using a safe medium with a specific gravity greater than the designed for cargo.
- Test the foundation for proper support of the tank and uniform settlement,
- Confirms that the floating roof travels freely during normal filling/emptying operation,
- Confirms the toughness properties of the plate steel against brittle fracture,
- Check for any design or fabrication deficiencies, and
- Confirm integrity of major modifications or repairs done on existing