April Multiple tank hydrotests
The entire team at NCS Fluid Handling Systems is proud of the work the NCS crew is doing on this multi tank hydro test on API-650 new built storage tanks. The NCS Fluid Handling System design is working flawlessly with fill and transfer right on schedule without any safety or quality concerns.
These particular API tank hydro tests are a bit unique in that they have a fill with water component to perform the fully functional tank operation test and tank base settlement assessment, but these tank test have an air pressure over water test that proves uplift integrity as per API 650 design and testing guidelines.
Tank one is complete and passed without issue and transfer to tank two in progress and so on until all tanks are completed. Great collaboration between client and the NCS Fluid Handling Systems team of system designers, project managers and skilled technicians!
The main purpose of hydrotesting storage tanks is to confirm the overall integrity of the tank & particularly the integrity of the shell.
However, this is not the sole purpose of a Hydro Test, in addition a Hydro test is intended to perform a full operational test using a safe medium with a specific gravity greater than the designed for cargo.
- Test the foundation for proper support of the tank and uniform settlement,
- Confirms that the floating roof travels freely during normal filling/emptying operation,
- Confirms the toughness properties of the plate steel against brittle fracture,
- Check for any design or fabrication deficiencies, and
- Confirm integrity of major modifications or repairs done on existing
Good work everyone on the NCS Fluid Handling Systems Team.